Dubai frame is a new landmark opened on new year. It is a Frame of the city with 360 degree view of the old, new and present Dubai. It is an architectural landmark located in Zabeel Park Dubai.
In addition to many new projects in Dubai, this frame is going to the top of all. Also this is not just a tourism place in Dubai but a place to learn about Dubai in detail. Therefore visit Dubai Frame to know Dubai more closely.
International Reporters Said
“Dubai Frame is the biggest Picture frame on the Planet”.
About the Frame
- Cost of the Project was Dh 160 Million
- Height of Dubai Frame- 150 meter
- Bridge length of the frame- 93 meter
- It is a transparent glass frame
- Expected visitors per year- 2 million
- Outside- Stainless steel gold cladding
Materials Used in Dubai Frame
- Reinforced Concrete
The Dubai Frame is also known as Berwaz Dubai.
A guide will tell you the story of Dubai from the past. Therefore learn how a humble fishing village turned into a modern metropolis city from here.
Furthermore the project was launched in 2013 but due to some reason the project’s opening was delayed.
In addition the Dubai Frame will be marketed along with At the Top Burj Khalifa says EMAAR.
Also website and apps are coming soon for more exciting things to do in the Dubai Frame.
Dubai Frame Opening Date
- 1st January 2018
Dubai Frame Location
- Zabeel Park, Gate #4
Dubai Frame Timing
- Monday — Friday
10am – 7pm
10am – 7pm
10am – 7pm
Dubai Frame Entry Fees
- Adults- Dh 50
- Children (3 to 12 yrs old)- Dh 20
- Above 60 yrs (with 2 companions)- Free
- Disabled people (with 2 companions)- Free
Dubai Frame Tickets
- Gate 4, Zabeel Park
- It will be based on time slots
- 200 visitors per hour
- 20 people per slot
Note: You may have to visit on a given date. Therefore please note the date and time on the tickets
Dubai Frame By Dubai Metro
- Dubai Frame by Metro
- Take Red Line
- Get down at Al Jafiliya Metro Stop
- Walk for 1.1 km or take a taxi to Gate 4
Dubai Frame Parking
- Public patking- Inside Zabeel Park Outside Gate 1
- Road access- Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Street
Things To Do In Dubai Frame
- View Dubai in 360-degree
- The frame tells the tale of old, present and future Dubai
- North shows landmarks of old Dubai- Deira, Umm Hurair and Karama
- South shows landmarks of modern Dubai- Shopping malls, Sheikh Zayed Road, Skyscrapers and Burj Khalifa
- Also the ground floor will include a museum telling the story of Dubai
- The museum’s concept will take you on a journey through time
- Furthermore the visitors can enter into an immersive experience representing the past history of Dubai
- You will also be seeing projections with effects like smells and immersive motions that will create a mood setting in the place
- Also the passing gallery will include the idea of the project and reveal the evolution of city and the past
- In addition the old city will be shown using the latest means of presentation with 3D images that will contribute a favorable environment soothing the comprehensive boom witnessed by Dubai
Inside Dubai Frame
A Tour Guide will lead you to the frame’s different areas. Also he will explain you the importance of each place. In addition he will give you some time to explore the view and the place by yourself.
Ground Floor- Mezzanine Floor
Old Dubai Museum is in ground floor. Also it has 3D holographic videos and images of old Dubai
- 3D Videos of Camel, desert and imagery of shopkeepers welcoming visitors to stalls in Emirati dialect
- Little souqs of spices, tailors, heritage handicrafts
- Effects- Mist, Smell and motion
- Holographic images and videos from past
2. Bridge- Sky Deck
Sky deck is on top of the frame. It has transparent glass floor. Furthermore you can find how clean energy is used in Dubai Frame. Also check out the environmentally friendly design of Dubai Frame
- There are also coffee shops and cafeterias here for small snacks
- Pictures can also be taken with professional cameras and purchased from downstairs.
3. Pillars- Panoramic Elevator
Future Dubai is on one side of the Frame. Also it shows how Dubai will look after 15 years
- Augmented reality of 50 yrs in future
- Also learn the facts like 3000 professional workers and archaeologists were involved in building the frame
- Also there are 3D videos showing the future of Dubai
- Check out Sheikh Zayed Road 50 years from now
- Furthermore check out flying cars and self driving vehicles on the roads
- Advanced healthcare, e-learning and virtual classrooms technologies
- A Short trip to planet Mars
- Finally souvenirs Shop for remembering the journey
Social Media wall
It is a wall covered with Professional photos of Dubai Frame. In addition the pictures are taken by visitors and Professional Photographers. Also as souvenirs the pictures can be purchased by the Dubai Frame visitors. Finally costs of the pictures varies.
Finally the shop is worth Dh 920. You can buy frame models and other household products for the memorial trip.
Outside Dubai Frame
There is a Dancing Fountain which looks beautiful during days as well as night.
Facts about Dubai Frame
- Exterior facade of the frame was inspired by the Expo 2020 logo
- The frame 150 meters tall and is higher than the Great Pyramids of Giza that stand at 139 meters high
- Over 3600 engineers, architects, technicians and laborers worked together to make Dubai Frame dream a reality
- Also there is a 116 square-meter switchable smart glass covers the floor of the upper glass bridge.
- Furthermore the bridge glass changes from translucent to transparent when a person walks over it
- The view-deck was lifted by four giant hydraulic jacks, each capable of lifting 300 tons in a process that took over two days
- In addition over 2900 square meters of the laminated glass was used to build the Dubai Frame
- Over 15,000 square meters of stainless gold cladding was used to cover the exterior of the Dubai Frame
- Like a classic picture frame, the structure ‘frames’ old and new city of Dubai
- Two giant cranes atop each tower lifted materials to respective towers. The cranes were capable of lifting 12 tons each
- Designer- Fernando Donis, an award-winning architect, who also designed Dubai’s Porsche Design Towers, and the Dubai Renaissance Tower
- Also here is a museum on the ground floor that will showcase Dubai’s transformation from fishing village to metropolis.
- Finally it is predicted the frame will become a major tourist destination in the city, like the Burj Khalifa and the Burj Al Arab.
The Designer– Fernando Donis
- He is a Mexican Architect
- Winner of a Design competition by Government of Dubai in 2009
- Winning Prize- USD 100,000
Build a void of 150 meters by 105 meters. It must continuously frame Dubai’s developments of past, present and future. Also the structure must contain the city but must be celebrated too.
Inspiration of the Idea
He saw Dubai full of emblems, he did not wanted to add another to it. Rather he wanted to frame the city.
The Design’s Achievements
- ThyssenKrupp Elevator International Award 2009 Winner
- This design idea won from among 926 ideas
- The project was for “the new face of Dubai”
About ThyssenKrupp Elevator International Awards
- It was first held in 1988
- It is sponsored by world’s leading Elevator Companies
- It is amazing to witness Dubai’s transformation from a desert to high ris-buildings in a very short time
- Furthermore the top bridge gives the best view of Dubai you could imagine
- The glass bridge is higher and terrifying. It makes you think if it would be able to hold your weight
- In addition use Advanced Interactive application to write names of your friends and family on the screen and send to them as a memory
- Also Augmented reality screen is something unique experience