Dubai Safari Park
Dubai safari park is the latest attraction added to the Emirates. Also it is the replacement of old Dubai Zoo.
he park is built on a former waste dump site. In addition there are a number of attraction in the area including the villages. Also this is a costly project completed in December 2017.
Furthermore the Dubai Safari Park is not just a zoo with animals but it a place of education. Because of the raising concern for animals and plant conservation, this park has worked hard for conserving wildlife.
Aim and Mission
The main aim of Dubai Safari Park is to raise awareness among the visitor about conservation of wildlife. Also the wild life welfare and conservation is done through best research and practices from around the world. In addition it is a member of Exhibited Animals Protection Act (EAPA).
Finally all the animals and birds in the park are rescued from other zoo and rescue centers. Therefore the keepers and researchers are also world’s best people. Furthermore there is a research and rehabilitation center inside the park.
Since the animals and birds are kept for educational purpose only, they will be released back to their natural habitat. Also once in a year the animals and birds fit to go back to their natural habitat will be released by the government officials.
In conclusion Dubai Safari park is the first eco friendly place of UAE. Because of the use of natural Solar energy and reuse of waste products.
Furthermore the park was first visited by a selected group of children from Greenwood International School.
Total area– 119 hectare
Project cost– Dh 150 million
Old Zoo– Jumeirah Zoo (operated for 50 yrs)
Fence around the park– 3.7 kilometers
Total Time Required for Tour- 8 hours
Free Entry For All Visitors
This free entry fees is for all the Dubai Safari Park visitors for two weeks from the soft opening of the park. Therefore do not miss a chance of visiting this marvelous place.
Date– 12 to 20th December 2017
Time– 9 AM to 9 PM (For Villages)
9 AM to 6 PM (For Safari Drive)
Feedback and Reviews
Most of the villages are not yet open completely. Therefore you may feel disappointed. Because of the soft opening the part is not organised fully.
Furthermore it is just the sneak peak of how it is going to be when fully open to the public.
NOTICE- Free Entry is closed due to over crowding of the public.
The soft opening for media and VIPs were already held on Tuesday. Therefore there will not be much delay in the public opening.
Soft Opening Date – 12th December 2017
Public opening date– Expected in January
Number of Animals
The number of animals are less now but will increase gradually. Since Dubai always surprises with new things, new animals will be added over time.
- Now– 2,500
- By 2020– 5,000
- Species– 350 (includes endangered animals)
The Entry fees include all the transportation cost inside except the safari jeep. Therefore book a ticket that includes all places to avail everything.
Eco-Friendly solar powered vehicles
- Electric Cars
- Safari jeep
9 AM to 5 PM
Note: During summer the park will be open only during evening time. Because of the hot weather animals will be kept in protected environment.
Tickets or Entry Fees
- Tickets for Asian, African and Arabian Villages
- Dhs20 for children
- Dhs50 for adults
2. Tickets for Open Safari village
- Dhs20 for children
- Dhs50 for adults
3. All-Access ticket to all four parks
- Dhs30 for children
- Dhs85 for adults
4. Free Entry For
- Children under three
- Adults over 60
- Also for people with special needs (people of determination)
Al Warqa 5, Dubai
(HATTA road, Opposite Dragon Mart Dubai)
- Accommodates 3600 vehicles
- Also VIP parking available
Phases of Dubai Safari
There are 2 phases of the Dubai safari project but only the phase 1 is now open. Therefore wait for the second phase for more exciting things.
- Butterfly Park
- Golf Courses
- Entertainment and recreational area
- 4 Restaurants
- 2 Theaters seating 1,000 people
- Veterinary hospital
- A quarantine center
Furthermore this phase is not yet complete. Therefore it is not accessible by public.
- American and Australian Village (to be opened later)
There are a number of features for both human and animals. In addition to animal health, human health has also been given great concern. Also there are cooling areas to keep the animals and humans cool during summers.
- Air-conditioned rocks (for animals)
- Chilled pools (for animals)
- Misting machines (for animals and visitors)
- Water fall
- Variety of fishes
- Marine life
- Wooden bridges
- Conservation & Rehabilitation
- Special enclosures to rehabilitate traumatized animals
- Genetic breeding for plants and animals
- Also artificial insemination labs available
There are a number of unknown facts that you must know about Dubai Safari Park. Therefore read them to know about the park in more closer way.
- VIP Parking area is covered with solar panels.
- The solar power runs the pumps for waterfalls
- Animal wastes are reused for composting
- 50% transportation are solar powered
- All the street lights are solar powered
- A member of WAZA (World Association of Zoos and Aquariums)
- Solar powered cable cars and trams to bicycles
- Solar powered hybrid irrigation
- In addition water recycling is done by using the used water again
- Finally the animals are donated from other zoo and conservation centers
- Also some of the animals can not be returned back to their natural habitat. Therefore they are preserved here.
Dubai has always inspired for being the world’s best on every aspect. Therefore they have achieved some great achievements in the park’s project too.
- UAE’s only drive-through hippo and tiger exhibit
- World’s first drive-through crocodile exhibit
- UAE’s largest walk through aviary
- First zoo or safari park in the UAE to offer a zoo-keeping course
Things to do in Dubai Safari Park
There are a number of things to do in Dubai Safari park. Therefore take a days break to spent it in this beautiful place. Also it will take a minimum of 8 hours to visit the whole park.
This is the place from where you can enter the park via smart gate. Also the smart gates give access to E-Tickets booked via websites. Finally from there you will be taken in a toy train for the village tours.
- Magnificent glass roof
- Souvenir shops
- Smart Turnstile gates
1.Arabian Safari village
Time Required– 20 to 25 minutes
Area- 8 ha
The animals are distributed according to their geographical landmarks in the Arabian region of the Arabian village. Furthermore the setup of this village looks exactly like the Arabian desert. In addition there are rocks and meadows too.
- Desert land
- Rocky mountain
- Meadows land
- Travel in train
- Bedouin activities- camel ride, falconry and dog hunting
- ostriches, Nilgais, Arabian wolves, Springboks fluttered and Arabian Oryx
2. Kids Farm
Time Required– 60 to 120 minutes
This area reflects the traditional petting farms. In addition there are sheds, farms, stables etc. The animals included here are chicken, goat, sheep, cows, horses etc. Also you can interact with the animals in the open shaded areas. Furthermore this area is dedicated for educating children.
- Feeding animals
- Pony riding
- Cow milking
- Egg collecting
3. Asian Village
Time Required– 30 to 90 minutes
Area- 5 Ha
This village has many exhibits with animals in their regions. Also the regional plants and trees make their habitat more natural.
Furthermore this village looks like an Asian region. Therefore there are many plants and animals that belong to the region too.
- Architecture is of East Asian Region
- Buildings are Asian Themed
- Dense Asian plants and trees
- Walk through experience
- Theater with 6 different shows
- Watch pandas
4. Safari Village
Time required– 45 to 120 minutes
Area- 22 Ha
This is the village from where the visitors are taken to different exhibits in a air conditioned jeep (safari car). Also you can have closer encounter with the animals here. Furthermore this is the most exciting part of the park.
- Open theater- Special birds and reptiles show (6 shows)
- Close animal encounter
- Feed Giraffes and Elephants
- Watch hippos from under water
- Brown lions and bears display
- 70 baboons, 3 orange and 1 white Siberian tigers
- Check Speed of cheetah against other animals
- Check Weight of animals against humans (you)
5. African Village
Time Required– 90 to 140 minutes
Area- 12 Ha
This is an important village of Dubai safari park. Because there are a number of things to do here. Also there are different kinds of huge reptiles and amphibians. Furthermore the buildings are built in the traditional manner. Therefore they are brightly colored.
1. African Savanna
2. African Rain forest
- Architecture- African patters with bright colors
- Shaded walks
- Cooled viewing shelters
- African Cultural Performances
- Watch white lion, gorillas, hyenas, chimpanzee, white dogs and birds
- Bull elephants and meercats
- Restaurant with antelopes view
This is the most entertaining and recreational area of the park. Finally family can rest, picnic or just click pictures in this area. Also you can relax by playing with the small loose birds and animals around.
- Water Stream
- Bird encounter
- Small loose animals interactions
- skiing ground
- play areas for kids
- 1 kilometer stretch of waterside parkland
- Relax on the grass
7. Service areas
This is service area used by the official workers of the park.
Dubai Safari Park Directions
Via Dubai Metro, Dubai Bus and Taxi services (Public Transportation)
1. Direction For Public Transport Users
- From Rashidiya Metro Station 1
- First of all go to Rashidiya Metro station 5
- Take Bus 366, it will take 16 minutes and 2 stops
- Get down at ‘Dubai Textile City Main Gate’- cost 5 AED
- Walk about 9 minutes or 750m
- Dragon Mart 2
- Finally from here take a taxi to the park
2. Direction for Car Drive
via Al Khawaneej St/D89 and Academic City Rd/D54 From Rashidiya Metro Station 1 (20 min.)
- Drive along Al Khawaneej St/D89 and Academic City Rd/D54. Exit from Al Awir Road/Ras Al Khor Rd/E44- 14 minutes (16.6 km)
- Head east on Airport Rd/Al Khawaneej St/D89 (7.3 km)
- Slight right toward Academic City Rd/D54 (350m)
- Slight right onto Academic City Rd/D54 (4.2 km)
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Academic City Rd/D54 (2.3 km)
- Slight right toward Al Awir Road/Ras Al Khor Rd/E44 (400m)
- Merge onto Al Awir Road/Ras Al Khor Rd/E44 (1.4 km)
- Take the exit (650m)
- Finally At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit (1 min.)
b. via Ras Al Khor Rd/E44 From Rashidiya Metro Station 1 (31 min.)- 22.7 km
- Get on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd/E311 (2.0km)
- Head east on Airport Rd/Al Khawaneej St/D89 (600 m)
- Merge onto Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd/E311 via the ramp to Dubailand/Jebel Ali/Abu Dhabi (1.4 km)
- Get on Ras Al Khor Rd/E44 from Exit 55, Rebat St/D83 and Nad Al Hamar Rd/D62 (8.4 km)
- Merge onto Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd/E311 (550 m)
- Take exit 55 to merge onto Rebat St/D83 toward Al Garhoud/City Center/Deira (3.4 km)
- Merge onto Nad Al Hamar Rd/D62 via the ramp to Al Badia/Ras Al Khor/Hatta (4.1 km)
- Merge onto Ras Al Khor Rd/E44 via the ramp to Hatta/Oman (290 m)
- Follow Ras Al Khor Rd/E44 to your destination. Exit from Al Awir Road/Ras Al Khor Rd/E44 (11.8 km)
- Merge onto Ras Al Khor Rd/E44 (9.1 km)
- At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Al Awir Road/Ras Al Khor Rd/E44 heading to Ras Al Khor/Dubai/DXB Airport (2.0 km)
- Take the exit (650 m)
- Finally At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit (1 min.)
Jobs and Careers
There are vacancy for the below position. Therefore if you are interested send your resume to the given mail id.
- Head keepers
- Vet nurse
CVs are being asked for NOW
If interested please contact- Tim Husband
Email ID: email@example.com
Image Credits: Dubai Media office