Dubai Mall Unknown Facts
Dubai mall unknown facts include the facts that are not known by many of the people who visit regularly.
Here are some Dubai Mall Unknown Facts for you to know Dubai mall more and more.
- Dubai mall is one of the world’s largest mall. It is fifteenth largest in the world
- 50 football pitches when combined together is the total area of Dubai mall i.e. 502,000 square metres
- It opened in the year 2009
- Burj Khalifa was funded by Abu Dhabi Prince Khalifa
- The waterfall illusion has an unique feature. When one observes one human hanging the other seems disappearing to the eyes
- Though the Address Dubai Mall and The Address Downtown Dubai are 2km away from one another, but they both have entrance through the mall
- Dubai Mall has 14,000 parking spaces across 3 different car parks
- They have valet services and a car locator ticketing system in the car parking area
- Dubai Mall is Emaar’s part of the Downtown Burj Khalifa project, 73 trillion 643 billion Dirhams
- Finally 1,200 Stores are there in Dubai Mall
- A number of pop up shops are not included in the stores’ list
- The Dubai Mall’s Aquarium glass panel is 2.4 million kg, 108 feet wide, 27 feet high and 29.5 inches thick and 541,486 pounds
- 13,800 tonnes of steel were used to build the mall (that’s more steel used than the Eiffel Tower)
- Finally in 2013 Dubai Mall announced phase 1 of their expansion
- There are only 4 floors in Dubai Mall
- There is the world’s largest king croc in the underwater aquarium
- SEGA Republic is a 76,000 square foot indoor theme park and arcade with 150 amusement rides and games
- The Reel Cinema is a 22-screen movie theater that seats a capacity of 2,800. Finally over 10,000 people visited the cinema during opening week
- The world’s largest candy store, Candylicious was open in 2009
- On 25 February 2010 the largest aquarium got a leak which led some of the shops to temporarily close down. Hence forced shoppers to evacuate the mall immediately.
- Also Dubai mall has the world largest OLED screen displayed above the underwater world
Since there are some crazy stuffs you can enjoy without paying a single penny. Therefore take your family or come in a visit visa to spend a day in this mall and explore the mall completely.