Burj Khalifa New Year Celebration
Burj Khalifa New Year Celebration 2018 will be a world record breaking light show. Every year Burj Khalifa welcomes a number of visitors just to witness the fireworks. But this year is going to be different. Since there will be no fireworks but something more than fireworks.
EMAAR has different plans for this Burj Khalifa New Year Celebration 2018 . Therefore it has planed to mark it with an attempt for world record.
This new year’s eve light show at Burj Khalifa New Year Celebration 2018 is going to be a remarkable surprise for everyone. Furthermore the developer of Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall has mentioned that it will be a “Light Up 2018” celebration. Also it will be the tribute to founding father Sheikh Zayed.
Another reason for the light show is to celebrate the UAE’s achievements. In addition it will be ‘A year of Zayed’ in 2018. Furthermore EMAAR has released videos showing neon blue lights lighting up the new year (1.1.2018). Therefore the light show is suspected to be in neon blue theme.
Also EMAAR has announced that the show is going to be a complete surprise and it will be groundbreaking show. ‘Light Up 2018′, and the choreographed show will be displayed across the canvas of Downtown Dubai’s famous buildings.
Dubai New Year Light Show 2018
Time– 5 PM to 1 AM
- Dubai Fountain show
- Live DJ
- Light Show
EMAAR has worked closely with the private and government sector for the organization of this show. Therefore they have also arranged a special viewing deck.
Disability Seats– 100
- Burj Park
- South Ridge
- The Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard
Burj Khalifa LED Screen
The world’s tallest building lights up the largest LED screen in the world by showcasing a video. Burj Khalifa New Year Celebration 2018 will show this light show on this big LED screen. Furthermore there have been a lot of engineers working on making this project successful.
This project started very long back and now it has come to an end. Finally now testings are going on during night times. Therefore some people get a chance to witness it during nights.
Time of LED Display– Every hour
Last Date– Jaunary 9th 2018
Time– 06:45 PM to 11:45 PM
- Arabic Motifserns
- Mashrabiya Pattern
- Flags of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait
- Rope length- 110 Kms
- Cabling length- 72 Kms
- Connectors- 10,000
- Bulbs- 70,000 LED
- Brackets- 100,000
- Wire length- 55,000 meters
Total Area– 33,000 square meter
Maintenance of LED Lights
When any LED light encounters a fault, it sends a message of its location to the control room. Therefore through this intelligent system everything can be controlled from control room.
- Limited access points to reach the exterior of the facade
- Sandstorm, heavy winds, rain etc.
Furthermore this LED lighting on the Front elevation of Burj Khalifa holds The Guinness World Record. This is the ‘World’s Largest LED- Illuminated Facade.
Cost of LED show on New Year Eve
Dh 1,600 per person
Best view of Burj Khalifa LED Show
- Souk Al Bahar
- Burj Plaza
Places to watch fireworks in Dubai
- Burj Al Arab
- The Palm
- Festival City
- Global Village
Note: No fireworks at Burj Khalifa and JBR this year.
Best Places to watch Dubai New year fireworks
- Atlantis The Palm, Palm Jumeirah, 7pm to 3am, Dhs990 to Dhs1,750 adults, child prices depend on age, Tel: (04) 426 2626
- Various restaurants across Madinat Jumeirah, 8pm onwards, packages from Dhs595 to Dhs15,000. Tel: (04) 32 3232
- Club Vista Mare, Palm Jumeirah, 8pm to late, Dhs400 to Dhs1,390. Call individual restaurants for bookings
- Dubai Festival City, Dubai, 7pm onwards, free access to entertainment, restaurant packages vary
- Qasr Al Sultan, adjacent to Dubai Parks and Resorts, Sheikh Zayed Road, 9pm to late, Dhs600 soft, Dhs900 house, room rates from Dhs3100 including Gala dinner for two
- Waldorf Astoria, Ras Al Khaimah, 8pm to late, Dhs1,200 adults, Dhs600 children. Tel: (07) 203 5533
Dubai Metro Timing on New Year Eve
Metro will work for full day during the new year eve and 31st December 2017.
Important Information for Burj Khalifa Visitors
- Burj Khalifa metro station will close at 10 pm (might close earlier) and will resume at 5 am.
- You can reach the destination from Business bay or Financial Center by foot
- Free bus shuttles to Burj Khalifa available from Jafalia, Creek, Rashidya Stations
- 177 shuttle buses available from different locations like Zabeel Park, Al Wasl Club, Dubai World Trade Centre and others to Dubai Mall and back
- No taxi pick ups will be allowed in the Downtown area
- Dubai water canal walkway will be open to exit and two exits onto Shaikh Zayed Road
- 23 tents will be set up for minor refreshments and a special area will be set up for people of determination
- Parking area– one would be at Al Wasl Club, another at Jafiliya metro station area, Dubai Water Canal area and Musallah Al Eid in Mankhool.
- Al Asayel road will be closed from 4 pm